Monday 1 April 2013

My First Commission with Instructions and Loads of Pictures

After posting some photos of my Easter Cake Pops on my facebook I received a request for more of the same for an Easter egg hunt. 

I made the same, chicks and the two butterfly variations but then I also decided to get some fondant icing and make some extra decorations. 

I bought some lilac ready to roll icing and I already had some appropriately themed spring cutters. 

These were a very small daisy shape flower and three different shapes of butterfly.  The butterfly's also left a pretty imprint detail. 


 
 
Roll out using a dusting of icing sugar on your surface and rolling pin to stop it sticking.  
 


 
Roll out about 3 mm thick.  The choice is yours really, but that's what I did.  
 
Then cut out your shapes :) I did two different things with my butterfly's. 

With some I placed them in folded tin fold to shape them and others I just left lay flat.  Folding them makes the more fragile but can make them look more realistic. 

 


 
To decorate the butterfly's I used a few different methods.  Some I wetted with water and then covered with edible glitter and some I pressed sugar pearl balls into. 
 



I did all this before I made the cake pops so it gave them a change to set a bit. 

I used the same method as with the other cake pops, using the candy melts as glue. 

 



 
I wrapped them all in cellophane covers tied with Easter ribbon.  I hope the kids (and the big kids) have fun with these.  I've already had a WOW text message so I'm very pleased :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment