Sunday 31 March 2013

Easter Cake Pops


With university broken up for Easter it seemed the perfect time to get the cake pop maker out and get cracking on some special Easter themed pops.

I decided to buy some yellow candy melts and make the chick pops that I had seen on Bakerella.  Now my baker bees if you do not know who or what bakerella is then go look see.  It is amazing and you have not lived until you have seen some of the tasty and amazingly decorated treats it holds. 

www.bakerella.com

I made the pops chocolate inside as it seemed only appropriate with chocolate being a tradition at Easter.  If you need the recipe for the cake pop sponge just look back a couple of posts to find it...Search 'Chocolate Cake Pops'. 

To make the chicks you will need some small, tiny almost orange, yellow and black decorations.  I used little yellow and orange sugar coated chocolate balls out of a sprinkle mix I had and a black food pen.  The food pen didn't work very well on the candy melts so I would recommend an alternative, such as edible paint or black icing. 

Cover the cake balls with the yellow candy melts, you may need two coats if you have used chocolate sponge as it might show through.  Allow to dry. 

Then use your candy melts like glue for your decorations.  Here are some pictures to illustrate. 

 
I used all different coloured sticks for a fun spring theme. 

 
 
Stick 1 orange decoration for a beak, then two for feet.  Then stick a yellow decoration on either side for little wings. 
 

 Then draw / stick on your black eyes :)

As you can see I also made some other spring themed pops. 

I dipped some pops the same as the chicks and left them to dry.  I then ran a line of candy melts around the middle of the pops and rolled them in hundreds and thousands.  Then I used a cocktail stick to dab small spots of candy melts onto the top of the cake pop to which I stuck some sugar butterfly's. 

Others I dipped and then immediately sprinkled with hundreds and thousands and sugar butterfly's. 

These are still great to make for sping treats not just for Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment